Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Can you obtain a legal separation from your wife who has

Customer Question

Can you obtain a legal separation from your wife who has serious mental health problems and you are her only cater and still live in the same house?
Expert:  Harris replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-By legal separation do you mean divorce?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am English I do not mean divorce I mean legally seperated
Expert:  Harris replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for confirming. So long as you are living separate lives under the same roof (for example living in separate rooms, doing separate shopping, separate cooking etc), you will be considered legally separated.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 3 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating. You will not be charged for providing a rating.