Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My ex partner will only allow me access on a weds and sat

Customer Question

My ex partner will only allow me access on a weds and sat when it suits her. She has said it's this or nothing and won't be flexible in arranging anything else with me. I would like 50 50 access to keep a strong bond with my daughter. What can I do?
Expert:  Harris replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm:

-How old is your daughter?

-How long have arrangements been in place, and previously what arrangements were there?

-Are there any court orders in place regarding your daughter, if so what?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She is 2. We agreed 50 50 and it didn't last a week. It was weds thurs sat one week then weds thurs Fri Sunday the week after. Now it's weds and sat or nothing she says. There are no court orders
Expert:  Harris replied 4 months ago.

Thank you - In the circumstances you would need to initially make a referral to an independent mediator (you can find local ones here: familymediationcouncil.org.uk). The mediator will assist you both in reaching an amicable agreement that is in the child's best interests. If mediation does not help, then you will be able to pursue an application to court under Form C100 together with a £215 court fee to the main carer's local family court for a child arrangement order and the court can make a decision regarding the matter. For your information the Court will take into consideration the following when making a decision regarding the application:

1. The wishes and feelings of the child concerned
2. The child’s physical, emotional and educational needs
3. The likely effect on the child if circumstances changed as a result of the courts decision
4. The child’s age, sex, backgrounds and any other characteristics which will be relevant to the court’s decision
5. Any harm the child has suffered or may be at risk of suffering
6. Capability of the child’s parents (or any other person the courts find relevant) at meeting the child’s needs
7. The powers available to the court in the given proceedings

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 4 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating. You will not be charged for providing a rating.