13262538

Can the final charging order be set aside after 12 years?

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Could you explain a little more about the background please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a house on my name, but I never lived in it for a single day. The debt belongs to the person who lives in this house and did not dealt with the debt and did not informed me about it. I only find out that charging order exist when I tried to make a re-mortgage.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Whose name is ***** ***** Title deeds?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My name
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He can witness in court that the debt is his, and he never passed correspondents about court order to me.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

How was the Charging Order Registered if your name was not on the debt?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don,t know what evidence they produce in court, but they knew my name as I was working for the guy as employee at the time.
The debt was on builders merchant account and I was one of the people who collect the goods on that account with my signature on collection slips.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there any way to request from court what documents they produce to back they claim?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

What does the Entry on the Register actually say?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
copy attached
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

OK

can you send a copy of the Office Copy Entries for the property - the proof of ownership

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Attached
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Sp you are AT?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Ok

have you obtained copies of the original Particulars of claim and worked out why you did not receive them?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I did not received them because they has been posted to***** E15, but I don't leave at this address, never has. The original documents that has been posted, now lost.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
any news?
Expert:  Clare replied 17 days ago.

My apologies - this disappeared from my list.

Have you contacted the courts and got further copies?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No, I did not. I am actually don't really know how to do that. Please advise. Thanks.
Expert:  Clare replied 16 days ago.

The Charging Order relates to a County Court Judgment that was entered against you.

In Order to have the Charging Order lifted you need to apply to the Court to have the Judgement set aside

To do that the starting point is to get full copy of the claim from the court then apply to set the Judgement aside so that you can defend it on the basis that the debt is not yours.

Once the Judgement has been set aside then the Charging Order will be lifted

You need to Contact St Albans County Court, quote the case number ***** ask for a copy of the Particulars of Claim

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Received 3 letters, all for different names but same address and they want more money.
Expert:  Clare replied 15 days ago.

The position remains the same - you need to follow the process set out above

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Look, I am just wondering is there a good chance to set it a side and would you be able to help with it. I am happy pay for the service.
Expert:  Clare replied 15 days ago.

Based on what you have said you have a reasonable chance of success.

Sadly we are a question and answer forum and cannot deal with the matter for you - just support you if you decide to deal with it yourself