12826847

In August 2016 I signed a contract with Safestyle UK double

Customer Question

Hello, In August 2016 I signed a contract with Safestyle UK double glazing company for a porch door and frame, and a garden door and frame. we were told the installations were quite straight forward and would be carried out by a team of professional fitters and a trained labourer in a day. The team failed to arrive on the 1st arranged date !0th Sept they also failed to arrive on the rearranged date the 11th Sept. A further date was arranged for the 10th Oct when one man arrived with his son, not a trained labourer, he started on the garden door worked for over 7 hrs failed to finish and left and never returned. Another arranged date 15th Oct and another fitter arrived with no labourer he started on the porch door worked for 11 hrs failed to finish and left saying he would return but never did. We had heard nothing from the branch Manager so on Sat 22nd Oct I phoned the manager, we were going on holiday for a week, the manager said that he would have his trouble shooting fitter to put right all the mistakes and finish both installations at our house on the Sat 29th Oct. We came back from holiday a day early just keen to get the work finished, the fitter failed to arrive. there was no contact from the company by landline, mobile, or letter. we assumed the work was beyond them. around the middle of December we received a phone call from the manager wanting to know when they could finish the work. my reply was that I thought they were in breach of contract. After several pressure phone calls from the manager and numerous blatant lies, all can be proved we have times, dates and video's for every stage. we agreed to a further fitters visit on Sat 7th Jan he arrived without any necessary equipment waited around for 35 mins and left. He returned the following Sat14th worked for 8hrs let without finishing. The manager refused to accept that the work had not been finished. so he visited our house and agreed the work was unfinished. I wrote a 5 page report and sent it to head office in their short reply they reduced the balance by £400-00 but still stated that I was bound by the contract.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What are you hoping to achieve in the circumstances exactly?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
In my (5) page report to head office I highlighted that on (3) arranged visits by as stated in a letter the professional fitting team they failed to arrive. On the (4) arranged visits lone fitters arrived but never finishing either installations. We were led to believe that the installations were straight forward taking roughly (8) hrs to date the time span is (27) hrs. The companies Crawley branch failed to use any form of communication for (2) months. All (4) fitters failed to fulfil the Companies Customer Care Guidelines. These to me are major factors in my case for sizeable compensation. Do you think that if I do not pay the full balance and am taken to the small claims court Safestyle Uk could be found to in Breach of Contract.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Could you please explain the costing system works. I'm not sure how I've accumulated £52 and £44 many thanks