29905560

I have signed a contract and do not want the service i have

i have signed a contract and do not want the service i have told these people via letter and they do not respond they just send us invoices
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

When exactly did you sign the contract and what reason did they provide for not allowing you to cancel? Would it be possible for me to see a copy of the contract?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Ben,
i signed on 5th April 17.They say there is not a cancellation period .This was not pointed out to me at the time of signing.They did not leave me a copy of the contract and had to ask for one which arrived 2 weeks later. I can email a copy of the contract to you directly can you forward contact email to send this to?

Hi there Tracy. Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Many thanks for your patience. First of all as this is a business to business contract, you cannot rely on the usual protection in these circumstances which a consumer would get under the Consumer Rights Act or other consumer legislation. So you would not get an automatic cooling off period and that would have only been an option if it was provided by the other side. Also they would not have been obliged to tell you there is no cooling off period – in fact unless you were told otherwise, there is an assumption that there is no cooling off period.

What I would say is that if they have not provided you with any of the services which they had promised to provide you with, you can alleged that they have acted in breach of contract. You can use this as an argument to try and cancel the contract. They may keep sending you invoices but that does not mean anything – they cannot force you to pay anything at this stage and the only way they can try to do so is if they taking you to court and win. In the circumstances it may be difficult, on the assumption that they actually have failed to provide you with the services in question. Also there is no guarantee that they will ever go as far as court – many companies issue threats but in the end they never go as far as actually issuing a court claim. This can be risky and they have to pay the court and legal fees so you may find that they just keep invoicing you or making threats/demands but until they have won in court, you cannot be forced to pay anything.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? Do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the response to your query? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks