Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have been summoned for Jury Service. As I have recently

I have been summoned for Jury Service. As I have recently become Self Employed, with regular clients, and no other employees, I am concerned that I will lose clients, and my income if I am unavailable for work. This would cause me serious financial hardship, and I intend to request that I am excused from Jury Service if possible. I wish to check that if they refuse my request to be excused, that I would still have the right to request a deferral, or if this option would not then be available to me.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much will you lose please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would lose approximately £60 a week as the work is low paid, but it is the loss of clients that I am more concerned about.

I understand. Its unlikely you can be excused. You will of course get expenses for loss of earnings, which would be more than £60 a week.

Its possible you can get it deferred but if the only issue is financial hardship your expenses would cover that.

I am sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.