12826847

I own a company which delivers vehicles around the UK, one

Customer Question

I own a company which delivers vehicles around the UK, one of my drivers was involved in an RTA where he collided with a motor cyclist. He was turning left into a side road and the motor cyclist was in a bus lane. From video evidence the motorcyclist was going faster than the van. I have been told that Bus Lane suspends where junctions are and the bus lane rules for motorcyclists do not uphold does anybody know if this is correct firstly?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Hi - was anyone charged by police?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Driver has been charged on the basis that "he should of seen the cyclist" The driver went to court and did not get any legal representation as he decided he could do it himself! We have had unfortunately other claims with our insurers as we deliver in excess of 300 vehicles a week some have resulted in total losses and never have been asked for proof we are using trade plates in accordance. It seems now they are just trying to hang this out due to the personal injury claim.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

I'm not sure what you are asking.

If you are asking about whether bikes can be in bus lanes then it depends on the location in the country but in London certainly bus lanes have allowed bikes for some time.

If there is a something else you wanted to know then please do let me know.