F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I have a ref. number 14185097, I talk today with, I already

Customer Question

Good afternoon, I have a ref. number 14185097, I talk today with Maria,
I already sent two letters (one month ago) to the person with whom I have the problem and he didn't answer yet, how I need to proceed?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 months ago.
I’m a moderator for this topic. It looks like your question was meant for another company. You’ve reached JustAnswer, a paid service that matches people with questions to Professionals with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.
Would you like to continue with a specific question to our Experts, or would you like us to cancel your question and offer a refund?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is not the place where I can have advice regarding how I need to proceed and the steps with the small claims court? The citizen advice give me this website.
If is not the right web, yes I want to cancel my question.
From your question it looked as though you have been corresponding with someone previously, as there is not much background, however I could not find any previous questions on this site. Sometimes people do send questions to the wrong place, so we just need to be sure.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 6 months ago.

I will try to help you with this. Are you able to repost the question here and we can start again from scratch?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Good morning, which question?.

You said " I have a ref. number 14185097, I talk today with Maria,

I already sent two letters (one month ago) to the person with whom I have the problem and he didn't answer yet, how I need to proceed?"

What is your problem that you advice for?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I would like that the person that made the job for me refund back to me the money, he did a really bad job in some parts and he told me that he don't want repair the defects, I recorded the conversations with him, I have every single text from october to now, the bike was in the workshop 4 months, I leave the bike two times in the workshop, some people had interest to buy the bike but I couldn't sell for the bad job of this person, I lost a lot time and money for the bad job that this person made, I rent 4 vans for the problem because the workshop is in Newport and I live in London and he didn't know to fix the fairing of my bike if he hadn't the whole bike there, every time That I went there I spend 6 hours go and come back, now I need looking for another workshop to do the job properly and pay again.
I want that this person refund me the money back that I paid, my time and the money I spent for rent the vans plus the money I need spend for the next workshop

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 a business must carry out a job with reasonable care and skill. It would appear they have failed to do that.

You are entitled to compensation/damages which is going to be the cost of getting the repair done properly.

You can either get the repair done yourself elsewhere and if it costs more than either you have paid or this person was going to charge you, then you would be entitled to recover the extra. If you have already had the work done, and he won’t pay, you can take into the Small Claims Court www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

If you have not had the job done, then you will need quotations (not estimates but quotations) for putting the job right to support your claim in the Small Claims Court. You could also add reasonable expenses and travelling expenses to your claim.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your answer.
I need send another letter with the quotation to the workshop?, or I need go straight way to the court?, that person tell me twice that he will not doing anything else in the bike

I would give them another letter along with the quotation telling them that they are in breach of the provisions of the Consumer Rights Act and giving them until a particular date failing which you will then end up in court. You don’t want them to allege that you have been premature or in issuing those court proceedings.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Please take a moment to look at the top right hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen. Then press Submit. Thank you.

Best wishes.

FES.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Perfect thanks, ***** ***** person not answer again my letter, where I need go to put the person in the court?.
You have 5 stars for my

Thank you. You will need to use the rating button in the top right hand corner of the page.

You can easily issue Small Claims Court proceedings using this link www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Best wishes.

F E Smith, Advocate
Experience: I have been practising for 30 years.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, sorry I need ask you something, if I sale my bike I can still go in front with the court?.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 5 months ago.

Provided you have proof of the bad work and the cost and so on and so forth to support your claim there is no reason why you have to hang onto the bike to wait for the court proceedings. Just make sure that you have lots of photographs of the damage and repairs.

I would also suggest that you tell the repairer that you intend to go through the Small Claims Court and tell them that you are going to sell the motorcycle so do they want to inspect it and take any photographs before it goes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I made today the claim to the court,I have lots of photographs of the damage, I have recorded a conversation where he said that he will not repair again, the new quotation, I kept the statements shown the expenses, petrol and vans, I have the Invoice he did to me and the payments that I made to him, and I kept all text and messages of ours conversations from FB and phone.Which is the next step? Someone will contact with me? I need looking for a solicitor or the court will give me one?
I need to print everything? I need to drop all this document to somewhere? To the court?
I need to take with me to the judgment or some solicitors gonna ask for that before the judgment?Thanks
Albert