Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I disputed a late filing penalty with Companies House, and

Customer Question

I disputed a late filing penalty with Companies House, and said that if they took it to court, I would defend it. I then received a default judgement for a claim I had not received and discovered it had gone out about the time we changed registered office. This change was notified to Companies House in good time - certainly for them to have informed the court or send me a copy of the claim, but they did not do so. I was horrified to find that it would cost more to have the judgement set aside than the total claim, so am thinking of paying, then commencing a small claims action against companies house for recovery of the sum in the County Court. Can I do this?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

When was judgment please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
16th May - but I was away for a couple of weeks and only saw it yesterday.

I am just on the train, can I call later? If so, until what time?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Probably better to call my mobile - +44779669460. Then any time is convenient.

I have done get back until after 10pm so thought too Kate to call. When would be good today?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Any time up to 10.45 then after 14.00 - and sorry, I notice the last digit missing from my mobile. Should be +447796694601. Either phone will be ok.