Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

We are a limited not for profit company, owned by the

We are a limited not for profit company, owned by the members, with a lease to maintain the mobile home park where we live. Recently we held an EGM to consider the bad performance of the current elected directors. A poll was carried out as a result of the EGM and the directors were asked to resign immediately. The directors refused and said they would resign in their own time, after they had run an election for their successors. An interim set of 5 directors were agreed, our minimum requirement, and wrote to the offending directors to inform them that their tenure was terminated immediately. They still refuse to vacate. Our concern is that they are trying to cover up things they have done, which may be illegal. Is an injunction in order for this type of dispute.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. You could potentially obtain an injunction but it would need a specific purpose, for example to deliver up all the company financial information and accounts? Could you tell me a bit about the wrong doing you suspect? Also have you considered simply appointing the other five directors and not removing the existing board for the time being? or do the articles contain a maximum number of directors? I look forward to hearing from you.