13262538

My spouse has got the decree nsi and i have discovered now

Customer Question

my spouse has got the decree nsi and i have discovered now that she has been having an affair with a neighbour up to one year before the divorce can i still do anything to bring them to book
Expert:  Harris replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. what kind of action are you thinking of pursuing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not sure can l still bring this up legally as my kids are affected.
We are in the process of financial settlement and have a hearing soon.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 35 years.

I am afraid that it is too late for the adultery to be relevant in the divorce - and it will only be relevant in the finances if it is clear that she intends to set up home with this person.

I appreciate that you feel that the discovery changes everything - but in fact it does not change anything and will not be seen as relevant in any way.

I am sorry that the news i s not better - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I know if she intends to set up home with him
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

That is a matter she has to disclose within the financial proceedings.

You have a chance to prepare a questionnaire about her Form E and you can ask a specific question about her relationship with this man