F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

How would I go about getting someone charged for peadophilic

How would I go about getting someone charged for peadophilic rape that happened 30 years ago? It has caused so much suffering in my family I really feel justice is required!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On second thought it was more than 30 years more like 50 though went on for 10 years!
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 month ago.

If this is the case being brought by an individual against another individual the chance of it actually succeeding in court is less than 50%. I have had one such case where there is no doubt in my mind that the abuse happened 20 years previously but the prosecution failed to prove the case. In that case, it was a daughter against a father. The daughter had not seen the father for over 25 years.

The high profile cases you read about in the press with celebrities and schoolteachers and clergymen and suchlike succeed because of the weight of testimony evidence against the perpetrators and because of the consistency of the testimony evidence across the culprits.

You ask how you go about it. It is quite simply a case of going to the police and recounting all the fat’s to them and them making a decision.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Please take a moment to look at the top right hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen. Then press Submit. Thank you. If you still need any point clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.

FES.