13262538

10 years ago my Mother in Law had a Will and an Enduring

Customer Question

10 years ago my Mother in Law had a Will and an Enduring Power of Attorney prepared by a solicitor. She had the papers signed by witnesses according, but it looks like she never sent them back to the solicitor but kept them as her copies. How binding are these papers now please. She is still alive and totally aware, but is confused when a member of the family said they are not worth the paper they are printed and she in fact had nothing in place should she did. When does she stand please
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your quetsion

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

For clarity - the Will and the EPSA are signed and witnessed is that correct

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the will was signed and witnessed and the EPSA was signed by the two people my mother in law request to act on her behalf, and these were witnessed and signed by two separate individuals.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

In that cases the documents are indeed valid and binding - the fact that she did not return them to the Judge is irrelevant

I hope that this is of assistance- please ask if you need further details