How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3573
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I'm in breach of my lease because I have failed to carry out

Customer Question

I'm in breach of my lease because I have failed to carry out a Warrant of Repair within a timescale specified by the Freeholder. I have a number of mitigating circumstances which has attributed to this situation.
The Freeholder has now engaged the services of a legal firm who have requested the following on behalf of their client:-
1) acknowledge receipt of the letter with 7 days
2) provide a detailed response within 14 days of the date of the letter
3) confirm, pursuant to section 168(2)(b) of the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002, that I accept the works are in breach of the above covenants of the lease
4) undertake the works as specified in the Wants of Repaire Notice
5) pay their client's costs
Where do I stand?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

From your reply you admit you failed to carry out repairs?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
They have not been carried out as yet. The intention is to carry them out as the repair is necessary but having already been asked to pay almost a grand in professional fees for investigations and reports that still do not pinpoint what is causing the extensive cracking in my property, I fail to see why I should proceed with repairs with no guarantee that the cracking will not repairs again as it has done once before.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 days ago.

Sadly that is the risk of being a landlord. you have a duty to maintain and sometimes you try one fix and it doesn't work.

But it up to you as landlord, it can be a costly business.

If you haven't carried out the works then you are required to by law.

If you have been reminded and still failed to then sadly you may be liable for legal fees of an upset tenant.

It's up to you and experts to pinpoint a problem. You are required to maintain a property, that is your risk.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions