13262538

I there. When I was a student 29 years ago, a friend asked

Customer Question

i there. When I was a student 29 years ago, a friend asked me to by a steiff teddy bear on my student Barclay card and report it stolen and he would pay me £100 of the £150 price of the bear, I did this, although I did not really want to and have never done anything illegal since. I have since paid the money back stating the lost item was returned to me. I know this will sound crazy but should I also tell the police what happened or would they just think I was crazy or would they prosecute? And what would that involve? Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Please so not let this pray on your mind.

You have refunded the money and the police would not take any action as the statute of limitations means they cannot do so - even if they wished to - which they would not

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

You are most welcome