Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

This is slightly embarrassing I was abused by my girlfriend

Customer Question

Hi, this is slightly embarrassing I was abused by my girlfriend I front of my mother and partner, not once did I lift my hands back to here and she was escorted out the door she had no one there to agree with her storey this is also not the first time she attacked me, she attacked me in a taxi aswell in front of the driver, she appeared the next day with lots of marks and a fabricated storey, she has since went to the police, she also has my belongings and not willing to give them back and I'm receiving threats off her family, what should I do, what is the best legal route
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Could we change to a uk lawyer and see if we have more luck
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 2 months ago.

Dear Simon

I would get a local solicitor or the Citizens Advice Bureau to write to her reminding her that there were witnesses to this incident and that it is in the best interests of all concerned to close this sorry chapter.

She should be told to make your belongings available on a date to be agreed to be collected by a friend or relative you both know to avoid any contact between you. Should she fail to make them available within a reasonable amount of time, say, a month it will be assumed she intends to keep them and hence stolen them.

I hope this assists . If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Kindly rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael