12826847

Am I legally entitled to park outside my own garage please.

Customer Question

The small cul de sac that my garage directly opens on to is public highway I assume. The cul de sac is only two cars wide. I have parked outside my garage next to my own garden gate for over 25 years.
A new build property nearby has recently put pressure on parking however, and has put in a hard standing at 90 degrees to my parking space that is tricky for tenants to get in and out of. They are now insisting that I park elsewhere.
Do I have a legal leg to stand on?
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 4 months ago.

Have you checked the register of title to see if you have rights?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. The cul de sac is a public highway, as stated in my question - my understanding is that everyone has equal rights to park anywhere on one of those. However, as it is illegal for anyone else to block the entrance to my garage I am the only person who can park in that spot.My neighbours would just prefer that I parked elsewhere.

It is difficult to advise without seeing your title deeds. The deeds might reveal specific rights and restrictions.

Do you have the deeds