12826847

I was issued with a penalty notice in Sept. last year by

Customer Question

I was issued with a penalty notice in Sept. last year by Indigo Parking Solutions when parked on the hospital staff car park. I had a valid parking permit but this had fallen onto the floor and therefore wasn't "on display". I am currently waiting to discuss the issue by mediation before being taken to court because I have refused to pay the fine.
One issue is that every document/correspondence received they have mispelt my surname; will this effect the outcome of the court procedure?
E J Martindale
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Hi - you are in the process of appealing is this correct?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did not follow the appeal process initially. I have received a number of solicitors letters requesting payment and have refused to pay due to my having a valid permit.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

OK. Are you prepared to risk being sued?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.

OK. Good.

Have they issued already?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The next step is mediation via the telephone. If that fails then it will go to court.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.

I'm not sure what you wanted to know about this?

The misspelling is a non issue. That does not defeat the claim.

However, the chances they would sue are fairly low but they could. You cannot hide from that.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.

You can try fighting this though on facts.

It depends what the signs at the location say about the need to display permits. I must admit that i do see a difference between having a permit and displaying one but if the signs don't require the later then you do have a challenge.