F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

My husband died in March 13, 2015 the will was straight

Customer Question

My husband died in March 13, 2015 the will was straight forward. Insurance policies we did ourselves. The house had to divided between 3 my children and myself and went to probate. My daughter and myself live in England my son is in Mexico. He did see the solicitor and signed papers and the solicitor was in contact with him via email.
Now 2 yrs 3 mths later it still has not been settled now we have had a letter from the solicitor informing us from July 1st his prices are going up.
Is the time he has taken normal?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 5 months ago.

6-12 months is normal but over 2 years is most abnormal. Are you aware what the delay is?

Who are the executors and who instructed the solicitor?