propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

Adjacent to my house is a road with a wide grass verge with

Adjacent to my house is a road with a wide grass verge with 8 hugely overgrown trees. The land is called park land and is the responsibility of our Borough Council Parks Dept.
They have refused 2 petitions in the last 3 years from all the residents to reduce these trees.
Next to my house the nearby tree has overgrown my garden and nearly reaches my roof.
Can I cut it back as it is invading my property?
Roy McFruin
Ixworth Suffolk
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 5 months ago.

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Do you know if the tree in question is subject to a Tree Preservation Order or is in a Conservation area?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Al,
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Al, most of my village, Ixworth, IP31 2HE is a conservation area but I am not sure if these trees have TPOs.
How can we find out ?
Roy McFruin
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 5 months ago.

I can assist you further.

You will need to contact the council to see if the trees are protected by a tpo (tree preservation order).

Contact the planning or land charges department.

If there is a tpo you cannot touch them.

If there is no tpo then you can trim back the overhanging branches but only to your boundary and not beyond. Please note that the branches which you trim belong to the land owner and you should return them to the land owner.

I hope this helps. Please come back to me if you have any questions.

Please can I ask you to kindly accept/positive rate my assistance otherwise the website will not pay me for assisting you. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your help so far. There are many TPOs in my village and the whole area around my property is a conservation area.Does a conservation area also stop the alteration or felling to trees in that area or is it only TPO trees that need permission ??RegardsRoy Mcfruinprovide the I will

You need to check if the trees are covered by a tpo. The council has this information. It is available to the public.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello again, Thank you for the information so far. Would it be possible within your fee to send me by email a formal letter on headed paper detailing your response which I could enclose with our next neighbourhood petition to the Arboricultural Manager of the Council Parks Department.
*************
Regards, Ropy ***********
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately this is only a question and answer service. there is no email facility nor do we have headed paper. All we can do is answer questions via this messenger. Therefore, I cannot assist with your request, unfortunately.

As I have answered your question please can you accept /positive rate my assistance. Many thanks.

propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience: Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.