31090051

Can you take hospital to a claims court,patient died and was

Customer Question

can you take hospital to a claims court,patient died and was not told there was a problem,when patient was been taken to ward.patient was been treated for cancer,no explanation given to why they died that night,told to write to hospital for answer,letters from hospital complaints people saying ward have been said why and information answers unacceptabel,ask for more information by complaints hapital,7 months still refusing to say,getting letters saying reviewing ward response,but after 7 months no question answered,can i take them to claims court or what?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 months ago.

If you are saying that the hospital was negligent and that can be proved then you have a claim against the hospital. However, unlike an action for debt, you can't just go straight to court. You will also need specialist advice from a medical negligence solicitor who in turn will have to employ experts to examine the case. The test of medical negligence is that an ordinarily competent doctor, nurse or hospital wouldn't have acted in the way that actually happened to your parent. The first stage therefore is to recover a copy of all relevant medical records. Next your solicitor has to give these to a suitably qualified medical professional. A written statement from you will usually be provided to that person as well. A report will be prepared and given to your solicitor indicating whether there has been negligence. If there has, a claim can be intimated via the usual channels. If there isn't then the claim won't go ahead. Given that the hospital complaints procedure has produced no satisfactory explanation for you, I hope that the further investigations I have suggested will be helpful. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hospitel ward staff did not give a full explanation to hospital complaints staff.who i have letter from sayinng it was unacceptable,and would ask for more information,told cuple weeks later after 7 months they received more information from ward and would review it before getting hospital director to agree to review sign it and sent me report.they still have not done this,are they hospital complaints people trying to cover there hospital staff as they not responded to me by letter or phone call
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
complaints to hospitals are supposed to be investigated by there complaints people within about 45 days,they taken over 7 months,can i use letter where they admitted unacceptable response from ward?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.can you phone me on(###) ###-####1211 need to know what to do?