Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I Paid in full £3000 to Mr Hart to move all concert, ground

Customer Question

I Paid in full £3000 to Mr John Hart to move all concert, ground to be trench out drain pipe to be fitted, man hole to be renewed.
Inspection cover to be fitted, soak away to be installed. labour & materials £4500.
I was at the time having flooding out side my front door whic54e reached right back up the garden, I saw the advert for Mr Hart & contacted him on this problem. He came & we talk , to which he told me that my damp course was undermining my foundations, that unless I had it treated I would have problem later, this scared me so much that I agreed to have the treatment done, to which I paid him £1 500 up front.
This however did not sort out the problem of the flooding, again he asked for £1500 which I gave him, but he wanted cash something to do with V A T.
Mr Hart drilled 9 holes in my foundation That was it.
Mr Hart txt, phoned, & turned up but never did any thing to resolve the situation of the soak away that I have which was not taking away the water.
A friend of mine came and found out that the soak away was blocked, & cleared it straight away.
Mr Hart promised to pay me back my money, as he has not started any work that he was paid to do except drill the nine holes.
I have only broken promises that he would give me back my money in full.
Mr Hart paid me back £100 & said he would pay me each week until he had o=paid in full
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

I assume you want the full amount back?

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thank you for your help.
I will take your advice, so wish me luck.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 29 days ago.

All the best, ***** ***** rate my answer, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you! Thanks

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 28 days ago.

Do you have a number we can chat on, if you wish me to call?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
My mobil no is ***********
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 28 days ago.

I will call shortly.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 28 days ago.

No problem