How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3570
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I Paid in full £3000 to Mr Hart to move all concert, ground

Customer Question

I Paid in full £3000 to Mr John Hart to move all concert, ground to be trench out drain pipe to be fitted, man hole to be renewed.
Inspection cover to be fitted, soak away to be installed. labour & materials £4500.
I was at the time having flooding out side my front door whic54e reached right back up the garden, I saw the advert for Mr Hart & contacted him on this problem. He came & we talk , to which he told me that my damp course was undermining my foundations, that unless I had it treated I would have problem later, this scared me so much that I agreed to have the treatment done, to which I paid him £1 500 up front.
This however did not sort out the problem of the flooding, again he asked for £1500 which I gave him, but he wanted cash something to do with V A T.
Mr Hart drilled 9 holes in my foundation That was it.
Mr Hart txt, phoned, & turned up but never did any thing to resolve the situation of the soak away that I have which was not taking away the water.
A friend of mine came and found out that the soak away was blocked, & cleared it straight away.
Mr Hart promised to pay me back my money, as he has not started any work that he was paid to do except drill the nine holes.
I have only broken promises that he would give me back my money in full.
Mr Hart paid me back £100 & said he would pay me each week until he had o=paid in full
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

I assume you want the full amount back?

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Thank you for your help.
I will take your advice, so wish me luck.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 day ago.

All the best, ***** ***** rate my answer, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you! Thanks

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3570
Experience: Solicitor
Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 day ago.

Do you have a number we can chat on, if you wish me to call?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
My mobil no is ***********
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 day ago.

I will call shortly.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 day ago.

No problem

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice