How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I need some advice about my ongoing separation.

Customer Question

Hi,i need some advice about my ongoing separation.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are the children and when did you last see them?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Children ages are 5and 2.
I have applied for content,which is under process.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I haven't seen them since last December.
My wife is trying to get order againt me so i cant see my children.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What should i do to defend my self against her lies and fals allegations?
Expert:  Clare replied 3 days ago.

When did you apply for Contact and who far has the application reached?

Has your wife started divorce proceedings?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have applied 2 months ago but i had to attend mediation,before going to court.i attended that meeting with mediator.
And explain everything,
They asked me do you think your wife will attend any meeting with us.i said no
Then they farward my case to court on 5th of june.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 days ago.


has your ex started divorce proceedings?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No she haven't yet.
She trying to get occupation order,because i have asked her to move out from my buy to let property and move in to residential property.
But she doesn't want to move out from that house because it's worth more then the other house.
From last 4years we were living in my buy to let property. Because her parents were living in my main residential property we let that property to them because thay had nowhere to live.Sine we split they have moved in with her.basically she trying to give her family a rent free accommodation as much as she can by keep me away with all these false allegations.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 days ago.

For clarity - there are two properties involved - who is living in the other one?

How much are the properties worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
The property she is living at worth 120k and mortgage outstanding is 68000.
And other property is worth 75k outstanding blance is 65k its 2bedroom is empty at the moment i am living with my argument is that she should move in to 2bedroom house and let me have 3bedroom house so i can let it.if i let the 3bedroom house i can get 600 a month which will cover both of the mortgage's and she can live rent free as long as she wants with my kids.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 day ago.

What other assets are there including pensions and what income do you each have?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
She has some jewellery worth 15k other then that no saving no pension.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
She never worked.i was working as self employed but I can't even do that because of her.
The car i was using for work she kept.i couldn't go to collect it because i had ordered against me.
Expert:  Clare replied 5 hours ago.

Has she actually applied for an Occupation Order?

Customer: replied 4 hours ago.
Yeh she has my solicitor has been on direction hearing at 21june
Expert:  Clare replied 1 hour ago.

Did you not attend?

What happened?

Customer: replied 1 hour ago.
Hearing after another hearing
Expert:  Clare replied 1 hour ago.


What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice