13262538

My civil partner died and he left half share of business

my civil partner died and he left half share of business joint tenancy with his business partner and i am thinking to do a claim under the inheritance act 1975
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your quetsion

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Did your spouse make any provision for you in his Will?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
he left half of the house that we live in and the other half to his brother . and i dont have a home or any savings .so i well struggle with my life as was dependant to him with every thing .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

How long had you lived together and what was the value of his estate?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we have meet in 2005 and we had had a civil partnership in october 2009 and he died in 12/04/2017
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

And the value of the estate?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
not sore but could be 450 thousand pounds if we sale it to give his brother half of that i well be without a home then with my half i may ? buy one bed flat? .the hole estate of my partner is about 1. 6 m he give his busness partner 650 k this is his half share of a bussines and 450k the house to be shared between me and his brother and my incom from tesco is 800 pound s i am worry that i well struggle with payments in my life and two years ago i have lost fashion in my right eye its blind and i feel my fashion in the left eye going down .i am worry about futre and my work THank you information about my partners brother he got his own bussnes and he got a house and two flats and he inherited 185 k from his mum 6 months ago ...information about my partners bussines partner he have half share of the bussines he got a house and flat in spain and he work as a mannager some where .and ....about me i have nothing other then my small income from tesco
Expert:  Clare replied 28 days ago.

You are correct - you have an excellent claim under the 1975 Act and an excellent chance of having the whole house given the length of your relationship

What further details do you need?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thank you for your Response
Expert:  Clare replied 28 days ago.

You are most welcome - do please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
what about my partner half share of a bussniess that held in joint tenancy with his bussniess partner ?
Expert:  Clare replied 28 days ago.

It is less likely that you will also get that I am afraid