31090051

We have been offered a second loan on one of our English BTL

Customer Question

Hello, We have been offered a second loan on one of our English BTL properties. The lender, as I am over 70, want a Solicitor's Independent Advise for completed by a solicitor. The lender is Masthaven. Our Scottish conveyancer says that it is out of her jurisdiction and I should use an English solicitor. As I live in the Scottish Highlands this not so easy. My question is that does it have to be and England based firm of solicitors or will a Scottish solicitor suffice. After all if we were living in Spain ........
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. The advice has to be from an English lawyer as that is where the property is. There is no choice here, you will need to appoint an English solicitors.