Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Premium bonds held by my partner which were in her husband's

Customer Question

Premium bonds held by my partner which were in her husband's name she changed her name back to maiden name after they divorced some 45 years ago he has since died but has a surviving wife .Where by she was contacted and came to see my partner and it was agreed that for 50 pounds she would cash them about 300 pounds because this happened so long ago and it was very difficult to deal with the N I & bonds dept but we're morally my partners hense she released the paper work to his wife, we had a verbal agreement but now of course she has gone back on her word and kept all the money .Has my partner have a case for the small claim court procedure
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.