Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

A nanny agency rang me to get a reference for a nanny who

Hi, a nanny agency rang me to get a reference for a nanny who worked for us a year ago. I said she was brilliant with the children, confirmwd dates of employment but I did say she had only given us 3 days notice which left us stranded. The agency did not take the nanny on citing my comment on notice) which was truthful) and she has now threatened me with legal action. What should I do?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

You didn't do anything wrong. It's truthful. If it was a lie then you could be liable.

But it's not, so you don't need to worry.

Can I Clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Jamie thank you for the reply. How do I prove it is true is my worry as I do not keep her notice letter as it was so long ago? Thank you

It's not for you to prove it's true. It would be for her to prove it is not true.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you very much

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!