ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I wondered if there was a legal document that I could get

Customer Question

Hi I wondered if there was a legal document that I could get drawn up confirming to my x partner that I will not claim financial help via the csa. I deceived him in getting pregnant as I wanted a baby and he didn't. It will help to soothe the animosity between us if I could provide him with this In a document
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

I am sorry to say but there is no such agreement that you can make that would be legally binding.

Non resident parents are liable to make maintenance payments but I can confirm that such liability only commences when you make a claim to the Child Maintenance Service (CMS - new name for CSA).

You could therefore simply choose not to make a claim to the CMS.

If you needed maintenance for your child in the future then there is nothing to stop you coming to a private arrangement between you. When the little one arrives the father might be of the position that he wants to ensure his childs needs are met.

The obligation would be on you to say that you wanted maintenance in the future and make a claim to the CMS - which would only start from the day you made the claim.

Caroline

Please kindly remember to use the stars to star rate our answer so that we receive credit for helping you today

I note that this question remains unrated - Please do kindly remember to star rate. When you star rate your question remains open and I can answer your follow up questions for free.