Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I recently joined an SME. One of the reasons I joined was

Customer Question

I recently joined an SME. One of the reasons I joined was that the offer included share options in the company. It's now over six months later. I still don't have the share options. I have a signed contract of employment including the share options. Every time I ask, I am told there is a delay. Is there anything I can do to make them honour the offer?
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. So far I haven't taken any action. But my patience is at an end.
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 days ago.
Hi thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Can you send me the clause from your contract that details the option clause? I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Alex,Sorry for the delay. The clause reads as follows: "The company will also provide 150,000 share options to you on commencement of employment. Additional assignments will be made by the Board dependant (sic) on performance which substantively improves the prospects of the company such as contract wins, developing new lines of business."
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 days ago.
Thank you. Does it mention anywhere what class of share you will receive? All you could garbed from that is that the option itself should have been issued on commencement of employment - not an actual issue of shares. Do you have any idea when it is intended that you should exercise the share option? Kind regards AJ