12826847

Can you help with criminal charges? Assistant: Where are you

Customer Question

can you help with criminal charges?
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: liverpool
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i was arrested and released under investigation
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i was arrested on Friday and released under investigation for rape. My phone was taken as evidence and while it will exonerate me of the charge it does contain information of the supply of a small amount of drugs to the person who raised the offence with the police. Can the information be used to raise different charges against me or used to prove / disprove the original charge?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
over the period of about 2 weeks i supplied around 2 grams of cocaine and 2 grams of ketamine
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i had no drugs on me at the time of arrest
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Okay. So what is your question about this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can the messages on my phone be used to charge me with different offences or just used to prove or disprove the current charge?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Yes.

If messages alone evidence other offences or give rise to intelligence that requires investigation then they could do that I'm afraid.

Whether they will or not is another matter. They do not have resources really to go off on frolics of their own.

But there is no reason they could not in law.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks Jo,
on my original charge is it the investigating officers who make a decision wether there is a case? Having interviewed me and listened to what is on my phone they suggested this would go no further but i don't really understand the process. There is a stigma attached to the charge innocent or guilty and this is the only place i feel i can turn for answers. Thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

I really don't think they will take any action over fresh offences arising from your phone.

They do not have the resources and those that they do have are wasted on false allegations of historical sexual abuse.

The great thing about witchhunts is that they suck up all resources allowing proper crime to crack on.