12826847

If I die before my morgage is fully paid will my benefactor

Customer Question

If I die before my morgage is fully paid will my benefactor get the chance to sell the house to keep
The equity to pay off debts and a funeral
Expert:  F E Smith replied 14 days ago.

Hello - could you explain your situation in more detail please - who is your benefactor and who owns the property?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I own property I have substantial equity only money I have I would like to leave that to my brothers who will also be my executors the equity would more than pay for any funeral expenses
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If they are giving opportunity to sell house
Expert:  F E Smith replied 13 days ago.

When someone with a mortgage dies, the mortgage automatically comes to an end and of the reduction of money in the estate to pay the mortgage off, then the property must be sold. The lenders will not immediately repossess the property or take action to repossess the property provided it is marketed within a reasonable period of time. There is no reason why the property cannot be marketed before probate is granted provided the agent knows that it is subject to grant of probate.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Please take a moment to look at the top right hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen. It’s important you use the rating service because that gives me credit. It doesn’t just give me a pat on the head! All you need to do is press Submit. Thank you. If you still need any point clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.

FES.