How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4337
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

In 2007 I have lost claim for 7K. The claimant (married

Customer Question

In 2007 I have lost claim for 7K. The claimant (married couple) claim for unfinished building work and won. After another few years she has logged her claim with land registry. From Dec 2014 to Feb 2016 I have fully repaid all 7K to her bank account. I have written to the court and attached bank printouts as proof asking for certificate of satisfaction but court in London asked claimant in writing to confirm this. She has written to the court to say that she has not received the full amount. (which is not truth). I have spoken to her husband and he has signed the letter of satisfaction (I have type a letter to the court with table showing all payments and stating that all have been now fully paid).I have submitted this to the court and received certificate of satisfaction. Than I have written to land registry (submitting the original certificate of satisfaction) asking to remove charge. Land Registry written to them and asked if debt was repaid. She has replied that it was not fully repaid. Again I have asked her husband to sign forms to Land Registry and he did. Than she had written to the court and complained that debt was not fully repaid. Court has ordered that original judgement is reinstated and instructed Land Registry accordingly. So after 13 years heaving repaid original order I am back in the start point which is date of judgement. How efficiently and quickly deal with this matter?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Has the charging order been reinstated?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the court has written to the Land Registry to say that order has been reinstated and Land Registry has cancelled my application to remove charge!
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Ok. So if there is a court order saying the ccj is valid, what is it you want to ask me?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How can I efficiently and quickly deal with this matter - stop them from restraining the order (it is already paid) and remove charging order? You need to consider the details from original question - they now saying order has not been paid in full. (just please read original question)
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Have you got the details to confirm it's paid in full. When did you get the order to reinstate the ccj?

Was that done at a hearing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did got order dated 19.05.2017 to say that order has been reinstated. It also say that becouse order has been made without considering representation from the parties, the parties have the rights to have order to set aside.But I was given only seven days. I was away and only just got back week ago. In terms of evidence I have submitted stamped by the bank printouts from my bank account, but they wanted the claimant to provide letter of satisfaction. I have asked her husband to sign such as letter scheduling all payments with dates and he did signed. I have submitted this letter and print outs from my bank to the court and they the court issued the certificate of satisfaction and removed the order. After this his wife written to the court to say that I have not paid the full amount and court reinstated the order! (if you belive it or not!)
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Ok. Did you apply to set it aside?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I have not apply yet, because I was away and run out of 7 day period.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I run out time as I was travelling.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Ok - you should apply to set it aside out of time.

Its not ideal that you are late, but you need to do it asap. This is because you cant re-litigate on decided matters.

So make an application using form N244:

The Court will list the matter down and decide whether to set aside.

But this is your only way forward.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 26 days ago.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 21 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Your answer just inform me about form N244 which I already know from web. I was expecting more details in regards ***** ***** do if someone is dishonest - refer to original question!
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Perhaps I should first fill in out of time application form first?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 days ago.

Yes you complete the application form and go from there.
That is the first step.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
OK, your answer is not very helpful. I am very disappointed. You do not need legal knowledge to make such as answers!!!!
Very disappointing!!!!
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

You asked what to do. I said you need to make an application to the County Court.

If you cant get a hold of the company the ONLY legal thing you can do is make an application.

What else if it you want to know as a BAD RATING affects my personal standing on the site?