Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have been on your site & given my credit card number got £

I have been on your site & given my credit card number got £ 5 payment & was disconnected .I have been awarded £ 1119 by CEDR against Easyjet after a cancelled flight.Eastjet have ignored all requests for payment. Can you please advise on the procedure I need to take if I pursue it a small claims court.I live in Australia & need advise on these procedures in U.K.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

I am not sure if you can do it online, you may need to send in a paper claim

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you Jamie .I will do as you suggest.

All the best. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer, 5 stars the happy face before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance!

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.