Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

A contract was taken out with BT to supply satellite

Good Morning
A contract was taken out with BT to supply satellite television to a Rugby Club for 12 months at £144 a month over the term of the contract. This started in Dec 2015 and ending in Nov 2016. For the first 2 months of the contract we paid £144 a month from that time on the cost varied considerably more than £144. we asked why the cost had increased but had no answer. We are now being harassed by a debt company for £2505-17 in payment for the period from Dec 2015 to March 2017. I don't understand why we have to pay to March 2017 as we only had a contract for 1 year. Can you please advise me how to sort this out?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you ever get a breakdown of any invoice?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no, as we have asked for a breakdown of what the extra cost for and didn't have a reply
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Do you have copies of the letters you sent?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
E-Mails were sent by another person but I think that he doesn't keep his e-mails, he sends as he says that it clogs up the system
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Have you ever written to BT directly? Is that who your contract is with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
by E-Mail but no response but the E-Mails were not kept
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The contract was for 12 months @ £144.14 per month a total of £1729.68, we have paid £288.28 leaving £1471.40 left to pay. Where would we stand if we sent BT the amount of £1471.49 and told them that this was a full and final payment for the contract we entered into? could they come back and try to bully us into paying what they say we owe?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Who are you billed by, was it BT?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we are billed by BT, I don't want to end up being taken to a small claims court and losing a case because we cannot attend
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Indeed. You should write to BT and make a formal complaint.

Their address is:

BT Business Accounts Providence Row Durham DH98 1BT

They will investigate the matter for you.

If that does not resolve the matter then you can complain to the Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can investigate your complaint at: ombudsman-services.org/communications

That should resolve the matter for you.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.