12826847

My husband was killed in a head on collision, where the

My husband was killed in a head on collision, where the oncoming vehicle overtook on double white lines. It took two months for the driver to be interviewed and still has not been charged with any offence nearly six months later. My family liason officer doesn't reply to my texts and has still not returned his mobile phone which they assured me he was not using when the collision happened. Should I be concerned?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Concerned that he is not responding you mean?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am concerned about the lack of information I have been given and the length of time it is taking to charge the other driver.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't want to have to spend more money on a call yet, as I really wanted to know if this is standard procedure and if I just need to sit it out and wait for the police to actually get back to me, and at what point I can make a claim against the other driver.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

It is fair to say that the reduction in resources makes this fairly standard.

In truth, if they didn't waste hordes of public money investigating historical sexual abuse then would probably have resources of proper crime. But that does happen and they do not.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

That doesn't necessarily mean there will be a charge though.
It just means the non contact doesn't mean that there won't be.

If you want to be contacted regularly what you have to do is make an allegation that somebody tried to kiss you 100 years ago. That is apparently considered more important than homicides.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is the not knowing that is the worry, so, I will try getting in touch with my FLO and if she doesn't reply this time I think I will have to go over her head and find out why she is not contacting me, and why she hasn't returned the phone. Her last message was in April when she said she was in a position to return it, I waited all day for her to drop if off and I have not heard from her since.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Yes, I understand.

It won't mean anything at all. It will just be a resources issue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks anyway,