Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I would like to ask an advice re the dispute with the

My name is***** would like to ask an advice re the dispute with the builders.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have a problem with my builders, who left me on Friday after I refused to pay more than I have already done. I have paid half of the agreed amount, the work is well behind the agreed schedule. last week the builder brought the material - roof tiles and put them in front of my house . Now he is attempting to collect all this building material , saying that he has all invoices and he paid for that
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

Ok - so you have paid the agreed sums and he is refusing to complete the work?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I paid half of the amount and keep paying weekly .. last week I refused based on the fact that the agreed job has not been done
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

Ok - so what do you want to know? Can you refuse to let him pick up his materials?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I called to the police .. they have refused to come and told that I have to allow him in ..otherwise if Im fighting for my property ,im in trouble
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
they said if I disagreed, I can sue him latter
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

Yes you can sue him later The Police wont do anything, its a civil matter. But you can refuse to let him onto your property.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you ! the main thing I would like to know for now if he has any rights to enter my territory and pick up whatever from here ? even if he has the invoices for that ? (I transfer to his account and he bought everything obviously) .. I concern that police said I have to allow him to do that ..
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

No, you can stop him. He has no right to enter.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you.. clear )
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
sure thanks !
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.