29905560

I gave my designer clothes to an agency to sell. They then

I gave my designer clothes to an agency to sell. They then moved shops and have now sold the company. A new company has bought it and they owe me for the clothes that were sold nearly £600. They emailed to say I had to wait 3 weeks to be paid 1st August which came and went and now there is no response to my emails. Please help
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What would you like to know about this? How to pursue them for the money owed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please as the shop they were in is now empty and the new one is going to be called No26 but I don't know where it is.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just advise please on how to go forward
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Don't mean to be rude Ben but how long before you answer as I am on a time limit
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please can you anwser

Hi sorry I am here but I also deal with a number of other customers at the same time. So do you have a way of contacting the organisation which owes you the money?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Am I being coned again is anybody there?

I have replied above...asking a question

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No only by email

Is here a way for you to find out a correspondence address for them?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I could possibly find original owners of the shop who sold it on.

ok well to make any sort of formal action to take this further you will need to be able to write to them at a physical address. That is because you may eventually have to make a claim in the small claims court to try and get what you are owed.

If a party wishes to pursue another for a debt arising out of a dispute between them, they can do so by making a claim in the civil courts. As legal action should ideally be used as a last resort, there are certain steps that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without having to involve lawyers or the courts. These can be summarised below and it is recommended the following procedure is followed to try and progress this matter further:

1. Reminder letter – if no informal reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the other party to voluntarily settle this matter.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but have been ignored, the other party must be sent a formal ‘letter before action’ asking them to resolve this amicably within a specified period of time, usually 7 to 14 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to pursue them for the debt in question. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action.

3. If they fail to pay or at least make contact to try and resolve this, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk. Once the claim form is completed a copy will be sent to the other side and they will have a limited time to defend it. Once they are aware that legal proceedings have commenced it may also force them to reconsider their position and perhaps prompt them to contact you to try and resolve this.

As a final tip, it is always advisable to keep copies of any correspondence sent and received as the courts would like to refer to it if it ever gets that far.

Please take a quick second to leave a positive rating for the service so far by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above. I can continue answering follow up questions and in particular can also discuss the costs associated with making such a claim. There is no extra cost for this - leaving your rating now will not close the question and means we can still continue this discussion. Thank you

Thank you. For a £600 claim you will need to pay a £60 claim fee and then a £80 hearing fee. If you win you can claim these back from the other side, but if you lose then that is generally the only thing you will lose by having initiated the claim