Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Assistant: What is your issue regarding? police say they

hi
Assistant: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: police say they have a cctv footage of me walking past a car that has allegedly been scratched. they see mee on the cctv but can not actually see me cause any damage, do you think it is likely I will be charged for criminal damage?
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Newcastle uk
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: owner of car made allegation to police and I attended a voluntary interview
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
anyone there?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
some one has made an allegation I scratched their car when walking past, police asked me to attend a voluntary interview where they show me cctv footage of me walking past the car but don't actually see me damage car as it is on the other side of the camera view, not guilty by the way. officer says the cctv suggest I am responsible and will put a case forward - really?

No. There is no evidence that it was you and I assume no witnesses.

It could have been done by anyone. Unless they can show it was you, there is no case against you.

You don't have to put forward any case, they need to prove beyond doubt it was you.

Any number of people could have walked past it and indeed it could have been scratched another time.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
he says cctv footage shows me on the side of damage and that I possibly lean over to the car as I get into my car but again I say you canont actually see me damage the said car and no other witness than cctv will it go to court do you think?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
he said he will take a couple of weeks to put a case together before I hear anything else from him. he did caution me but not arrested is this normal?

Unlikely. They can't prove your lean scratched it.

Does that clairfy?

yes a caution and mot arrest is normal. Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks for your help

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is al

It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!