Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I have just received a county court claim form for an

I have just received a county court claim form for an accident where as I was backing into a car park space I clipped a car. At the time Feb 2016 I exchanged name and address with the drive. I didn't have details of my insurance with me at the time. I reported the incident to my car insurance and gave them the name & address for the driver. I also attempted unsuccessfully to contact the driver on the phone number he gave to provide him with my insurance details. I would be able to pay the claim immediately however I don't understand why there has not been any direct contact with me prior to CCC form and I don't want to have CCJ recorded against me when I did not have any knowledge of the claim prior to this CCC form. Can you please advise.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

1. May I ask the approximate amount of the claim (or the exact amount if you have it immediately to hand)?
  2. Am I write to assume you now have the other party's name and address from the claim form?
  3. From what you say, notwithstanding the issues you raise are you content that the amount of the claim is fair or would you wish to see evience to support it first?
  4. What is the amount of the court fee that has been added to the claim? Again just approximately if you dont have the figure to hand.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1) £430.00 including court fees and legal rep costs.
2) Yes
3) I don't dispute the cost, my concern is that if I accept the claim I will have a ccj which could affect credit ratings and I feel that this is unfair because if I had had a chance to pay without this cccf I would have.
4) Court fee is £50.00 which is included in the response to question 1.
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 month ago.

It was a pleasure to speak to you. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to revert to me and don't foget to put a note in your diary to follow up with the solicitors later this week or early next if you haven't hear back from them with a receipt or written acknowledgement of your payment. Best wishes