propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

In a lease options contract, when a buyer did not pay a

In a lease options contract, when a buyer did not pay a valuable consideration, which suppose to bind the seller and ehe buyer, does the agreement remain valid?
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 3 months ago.

Please can you provide further information.

propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience: Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My daughter signed a lease options agreement with a property agent which ends in April 2018, he took over the property and for the past 4years he has not paid anything to my daughter except the mortgage. In the agreement he did nit include the valuable consideration neither did he let her know she was entitled to it. Also he did not pay the option fee. He said option fee is only £1 but still was not paid. I want to know is it legal to do that. Does this make the agreement ilegal or void
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can I get an answer online please
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question - I have been asked by customer services to look at this for you. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. I note you have asked for a phone call; I will try to get hold of you this morning.