F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I am making my will. Is it alright to have three people

I am making my will. Is it alright to have three people appointed as executors of this or is there some limit on how many people to have?
I would also like to give them Power of Attorney which is obviously a different thing. Again is there a limit on how many people to have?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 3 months ago.

Hello - are these people related to you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
they all are

You can have as many executors as you like in your will but the maximum number that can be on the Grant of Probate is 4.

The more executors you have, the more trouble there is going to be if they are all required to give signatures and/or agreement. In my experience, a reasonable number is ***** because you are creating administration problems if you have more than that.

Similarly, there is no limit on the number of Attorneys you have but the same comments apply as above:

here is a series of frequently asked questions on LPA’s

http://www.lindermyers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/LPA-FAQS.pdf

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Please take a moment to look at the top right hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen. It’s important you use the rating service because that gives me credit. It doesn’t just give me a pat on the head! All you need to do is press Submit. Thank you. If you still need any point clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.

FES.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you very much for a most helpful answer.