31090051

A quick question I need an answer to please. How does a

A quick question I need an answer to please. How long does a girlfriend need to live with you before she's entitled to half your property? Or is this one of those myths. Thank you.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for your question. There is no law that says that your girlfriend becomes entitled to half your property at any time. That is a myth as you say. Her entitled would be based on contribution to the household and to the property, for example if she paid for a new kitchen or contributed to the mortgage or bought things for the household, then she would be able to ask for credit for that in the event of a separation. If you have concerns have a solicitor draw up a cohabitation agreement. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for the clarification. I will screen shot this as proof of your professional response.