31090051

I have a problem regarding the Enduring Power of Attorney.

Hello. I have a problem regarding the Enduring Power of Attorney. My mum prepared the document in 2005 when she was in good health.
In May this year, I was in the unfortunate position of having to register the Power of Attorney due to my mothers failing health.
The solicitors then applied for the registration of the Power of Attorney.
I have now been advised that due to a clerical error in 2005 (my mums signature was not dated) the Power of Attorney has been declined by The Office of the Public Guardian.
This leaves me in an awkward financial position. Although my mother has sufficient funds to pay for her necessary ongoing care, I do not have legal access to her bank account.
I would be grateful for any advice you could offer.
Simon
Expert:  JGM replied 3 months ago.

Will they accept it if you can establish the date it was signed? There is no difficulty in dating most documents afterwards. If the answer to that is no then you will have to apply to the Court of Protection to be appointed as your mother's deputy. The forms and further helpful information form the government can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/become-deputy/overview. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The Office of the Public Guardian have currently refused. My solicitor has suggested re-registering in 2 months with the date added. Unfortunately they can not ascertain if a note has been lodged against my mothers name and therefore the registration would be once again be unsuccessful.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 months ago.

I would go along with that and if it doesn't work go down the Deputy route.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
As a professional, what do you reckon Arsenal's chances of winning the premiership are this season?
Thank you for all your help and advice.
Cheers,
Simon
Expert:  JGM replied 3 months ago.

Thanks. I'm afraid I can't help you with that one!