Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

FACEBOOK PRIVACY QUERY I have had a substantial amount of

FACEBOOK PRIVACY QUERY
I have had a substantial amount of work carried out on my property, from loft conversion, new kitchen to outside drive and patio all in all costing over £30, 00.00. I have used the same company, and paid up front for the sum of almost £25,000.00. The latter work that they carried out however, I am disputing and have had to have another tradesman put right at a cost of almost £1,000.00.
The original company is still using photos and videos of work carried out on my property on their Facebook page. I have asked FOUR times for the photos and videos to be removed, but so far I have received no response and the photos and videos are still displayed
Have I got any legal rights in regards ***** ***** matter please?
I would really appreciate you adviceKind Regards
Julia
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello Julia my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you ever consent? Did you sign any terms of business?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Jamie.
Thank you for getting back to me.
I was never asked, so never gave consent. However I have not requested that they be removed up until now, since the mess up with my kitchen. I definitely would not recommenced and do not endorse their work in this area.
I have not signed any terms of business.Julia
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Thanks. The video and pictures is that from the road?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No the ones in question are inside my property ....!
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Ok. You can ask that these are removed or say you will go to court. If they refuse then you can get a local solicitor to write and set out your position and say unless they are taken down you will issue proceedings.

If they still refuse you can issue a claim using form n208

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/n208-eng.pdf

The court will set the matter down and decide whether to order removal. If the court does and they refuse this is contempt of court and they may be warned, fined or sent to prison.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
From what I've told you i.e.
I've asked 4 times for them to be removed and the fact that I do not endorse their work what would you 'guess' my chances are of succeeding?
Have I got a right to ask for them to be removed?
Is it a breach of my privacy?
Is it false promotion if their business?Rhamks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks!!!
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

i think you have an arguable claim. If it was photos from the outside, like the road, you would be in difficulty.

But I think you have an arguable case.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you Jamie
Thank you for your time
Julia
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

All the best Julia. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!