Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I have been accused of bullying and harassment at work and

I have been accused of bullying and harassment at work and I'm having to wait 3 weeks to hear the decision due to annual leave on their and my part. Is this reasonable? I understand a decision has been made.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Dorset, UK
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, to HR
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 3 months ago.

There is no specific time limit for communicating such a decision but it must be a reasonable time limit.

If the employer can give a good reason why it should wait 3 weeks to announce the decision it would be accepted.

The reason could be that they wish for both of you to be present because of the type of decision made. That it needs to be explained to each of you or would require both your participation such as a face to face mediation/ reconciliation etc.

If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond

Kindly either accept my answer or rate it on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael