Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a Company called Way chasing me for a debt of £4000

I have a Company called Robinson Way chasing me for a debt of £4000 Which they purchased from Welcome Finance, the last payment was about 7 years ago. None of this is in any credit report. I have never ever made any contact with Robinson Way. I believe that the debt is now Statues Barred. What should I do please.??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** i will help you with this.

When was payment last made?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Don't have the date of the last payment, at least 7 years ago
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Robinson Way, has offered me the chance to pay only one third of the debt, that's a big discount. I wonder why .
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 30 days ago.

If its more than 6 years ago its statue barred under the :Limitation Act 1980, as long as you have not admitted or acknowledged the debt.
As such no payment is needed.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Your answer is what I expected. Should I ring them or just ignore them. This is my last question thanks
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 30 days ago.

Ignore them. All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!