Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I signed up for a course that I was told was British

I signed up for a course that I was told was British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) accredited. In my 2nd year the college lost its Bacp accreditation and the course was not accredited. Was I mis sold the course as I now am disadvantaged in terms of employment? I also have substantial loss of earnings whilst I studied as I could have studied a different course with less learning hours and resulted in the same situation
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much are you seeking to claim please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
About £4500.00. Not at home so do not have exact figures
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund and compensation within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your advice
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!