Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

A CUSTOMER want to return a dress. When she tried it on it

a CUSTOMER want to return a dress. When she tried it on it had two tiny pieces of invisible cotton visible and a stitch missing in the lace. We said our seamstress would correct so she paid in full and left the shop happy. She is now wanting her money back. Where do I stand? thanks
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, she was aware of the condition? How long as she had it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She collected her dress on Friday 11th August and rang back on Monday 14th August

If she was aware of it then you can refuse. This is because you highlighted the issue and the customer was happy.

As such you can refuse. In any event she may have worn it for the wedding and just wants to return it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how can you clarify this?

I dont know whether she wore the dress, all I can tell you is the law.

The law is that she isnt entitled a refund as she knew about the issue.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
even thought it was a brand new dress? we still pointed it out before she left the shop these tiny pieces of cotton and minor stitch missing

Correct, she is NOT entitled to a refund. You pointed out any issue before she left.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you very much x

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!