Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

In a personal injury claim what is a crisis interim payment

in a personal injury claim what is a crisis interim payment for?
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 3 months ago.

In personal injury claims interim payments are often made where the defendant has admitted liability for the accident but the amount of damages to be paid has yet to be determined.

This can be because the injuries of the claimant have not settled so an accurate prognosis is not yet possible or simply because the amount cannot be agreed.

In these circumstances interim payments which are below the minmum likely damages are often paid.

A crsis interim payment would be one required as a matter of urgency for one reason or another.

I hope this assists. If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Kindly either accept or rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael