Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

Thank you. Could you tell me how the amount to be asked for

Thank you. Could you tell me how the amount to be asked for is calculated?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 month ago.

It would depend what it is for. If it is needed for, say, an operation then costings would be obtained from the hospital.

If it is to help with everyday expenses then it needs to be pitched at a level below the anticipated damages. The defendant will usually only pay up to about 50% of the expected damages at maximum.

Michael

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My claim had it's first cost management hearing 8th August. My solicitor was awarded £105,000 court fees, defendant £58,000.00. Liability has been admitted. Accident was 4 years ago. Defendant very reluctantly made £5000 interim payment in May. My financial losses £60,000.00 as of November 2016. My solicitor is talking about asking for only another £5,000.00. I sent him an email last week asking what a crisis interim payment is for and how it is calculated. He hasn't answered me. How can I get him to ask for more?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am in a CFA with this solicitor. He wouldn't ask for another interim payment at the hearing. Judge has ordered an updated financial loss be submitted by 8th September which the barrister is now drafting. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can make this solicitor get me a proportionate interim payment?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I understand you are unable to call me right now; but, is it possible you will you be able to provide an answer from the information I have written please?